In order to support the dissemination of an even more sustainable and responsible tourism, Slow Tourism, as a project partner, will participate in events and projects aimed at fostering local culture, natural and cultural resources of the territory. Furthermore, it will also implement such activities as a promoting body.
Implemented or under-way projects:
• February 2011 – Project partner in the European project “Synergy of culture and tourism: utilisation of cultural potentials in less favoured rural regions” within the South East Europe (SEE) Programme. SY_CULTour
• February 2011 – Design and promotion of the FIER@RT project, aimed at developing opportunities of growth within sustainable tourism, focussing on rural fairs, typical and handicraft products. The recently created partnership is open to accept other interested entrepreneurs. Project Download
• April 2011 – Organising a “Course for B&B managers”, financed by the Municipality of Foligno Course programme download
• March 2011 – Participation in the Exhibition “United in a Sea of Peace” in Brindisi. Download the brochure
• April 2011 – Public presentation: “Organic food and Slow Tourism in the area of San Benedetto” by Slow Tourism Director, within the Bio-Fest project, financed by the Umbria Region and the Province of Perugia, within the Regional Development Plan.
• September 2011 – a new project will start: “Slow Tourism: promoting sustainable and responsible tourism in Bosnia and Herzegovina", co-financed by the Central European Initiative (CEI) by means of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) funds. By this project, Slow Tourism will transfer good practice to Bosnia Herzegovina with the view to promoting responsible and sustainable tourism and exploiting natural, cultural and local resources. Download further Information